Followers

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

take heart...

My faith journey has been just that... a journey!  With ups and downs, ebbs and flows.. I have had times in my life that I feel close to God...times when I felt His Holy Presence in my life.  When I felt His peace and His guidance.  But I also have to admit that I have had time of doubt and questions (and still do!!)  Times when I run to the world, and not to the Lord with my problems and doubts. I have often tried to cover my doubts with worldly comforts and "busyness".  Friends, when we do this, will always be left with more questions and more searching for something to fill that hole in our soul.  We were created to ENJOY God!  I LOVE THIS!  Our "enjoying God" brings fulfillment to our lives and pleases God!!!   Isn't that amazing... By simply ENJOYING His creation, we are pleasing Him.  Friends, when we have times of doubt or questions, let's RUN TO HIM.  

Psalm 27:14

The Message (MSG)
I’m sure now I’ll see God’s goodness

    in the exuberant earth.
Stay with God!
    Take heart. Don’t quit.
I’ll say it again:
    Stay with God.



After I read this I started thinking about the phrase "take heart", so I looked up it's actual meaning.  To "take heart" is to be encouraged, and to start to feel more hopeful and confident.  We MUST be an active participant in order to "take heart"  We can't just sit back and wait for the "believing to come".  We must stay with God, through our doubts.  We must CHOOSE to believe.  Choose Jesus.  Understanding that until we see Him face to face we won't see every piece of His master puzzle.  We must accept the mystery His Plan.


2 comments:

Kristin Moyers said...

SO good! TAKE is a verb....it means action...we have to make the choice to TAKE heart & like you said.....enjoy Him & His gifts.
Love you!! k

karen said...

Choose....another verb....and I have to keep choosing.....even when busy, even when I don't feel like it, even when I don't "feel" His presence. It's a choice I need to make daily, hourly, every minute or second even. Fill me Lord Jesus. When I'm full, it is easy to enjoy Him!
Thanks for being such an awesome example and encouragement!
Love you!
Karen