Followers

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Divine Grace

"You are being completed in Him"- Col 2:10
 I love that this speaks to my becoming.  It reminds me that I am a work in progress and that it is only through Him that I will blossom into the woman He created me to be.  Pressure off.  It is not by my own accomplishments and my striving.  Not my own doing or any works that He finds favor in me.  It is ONLY through the Grace of Jesus Christ that I am made complete. 

The greek translation for completed is katertizo.
Katerizo:  to fit or join together; prepare or prefect for it's full destination or use and to bring into proper condition.

See, he is completing us by repairing what has been broken.  Repairing what WE carelessly handle.  Even the things we recklessly handle.  Of course we break stuff.  We are just bulls running around in a china shop.  Toddlers in a glass cathedral full of tons of tiny fragile figurines.   That's us.  We tear things up.
But he restores.  Where we neglect, he carefully and tenderly mends.  He doesn't just haphazardly fix the damage.  His Master plan  includes a complete remodel when necessary.   An extreme heart/soul makeover that is a more beautiful version than we can imagine.  And He clears the path before us and smooths the paths behind us where we stirred up all the dirt and muck.  We are constantly being Completed in Him. By the POWER of His divine grace.






No comments: