Followers

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Fear ... NOT!

Do you ponder the question, who am I, and WHY am I here??? Rest assured, dear friends, you were designed with a clear purpose... He knew all the intimate details of your life before you breathed your first breath...!  

Let's read Psalms 139 ... again! And let it marinate.  
Read each word and really let it simmer.  

Psalms 139:13-16  The Message Bible
"Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;
you formed me in my mother's womb.
I thank you, High God- you're breathtaking!
Body and soul I AM MARVELOUSLY made!
I worship in adoration-what a creation!
You know me inside and out,
you know every bone in my body;
You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;all the stages of my life were spread out before you, 
The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day."


Isn't that amazing!?  He took great care in designing us, and has a special PLAN for each of us.  The God who created the oceans and the stars and the heavens has written YOUR life story...How does your story glorify Him and give you life in abundance?  I am still discovering and trying to understand what His Holy Plan is for my life.  So I will Pray.  Be Still.  And listen.

The NSRV version says 
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."



So this got me thinking... does He want me to be afraid of Him??  So I have been diving little deeper into the idea of being FEARfully made... What does this mean??  FEAR is a common theme in the BIBLE... You probably have your own ideas of what it means to fear God, and I myself ask WHY in the world would He want us to be SCARED of HIM???
Why would God... the God that loves us so much that he sent HIS ONLY SON to die so that we could be with Him for eternity, want us to be "scared" of Him.   
So maybe this "fear” that He calls us to to is not like “scary movie afraid”.  When we truly live a life in Holy fear of Him, we are free of worldly fears!  God did not design us to be "fraidy cats"!

2 Timothy 1:7
New International Version (NIV)
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid,(A) but gives us power,(B) love and self-discipline.
To fear HIM is to be in AWE and REVERENCE in His Holy Presence... It implies submission.  It is to be STRUCK with amazement for His Power.  It is to BOLDLY proclaim Him as the Ultimate Supreme Power over the world.  A God fearing life means the END of other worldly fears!






3 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks Jennifer. If I'm not working late this week I need to come to class. I do miss it!

karen said...

Oh my sweet friend… How I needed to read this this morning! As I start a new chapter in my life, it is an amazing reminder!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Jen you have been given a gift to write and witness...I am so very blessed to know you nd have this look into your journey...I am positive it will helpl me along in mine...I love you - xo